The chilly pacific waves crash outside the window. You look around and no one is unhappy. Foursomes of life long friends, families with small children and couples in love dot the landscape. You’re re-telling your round with a Pebble Beach Manhattan in front of you but you’re clearly no where near one of the busiest cities in the world. All is well.
The bartenders at the Tap Room at Pebble Beach will tell you that a Pebble Beach Manhattan is one of the most ordered drinks at their 19th hole. We here at SwingJuice realize that not everyone can make the almighty pilgrimage to the holy land that is the Monterey peninsula, but we’re hooking you up with all the key ingredients and steps to make yourself that Pebble Beach Manhattan.
- 2oz Pebble Beach Barrel Select Knob Creek Bourbon
- ½oz Amaro Averna
- ½oz Dolin Rouge Vermouth
- 3 dashes Fee Brother’s Whiskey Barrel Bitters
- Luxardo Cherry
- Mixing glass
- Martini Glass
- Julep strainer
- Bar spoon, or other long handled stirring instrument
- Add all ingredients to mixing glass and then fill with ice.
- Stir to chill. The drink will be chilled when the condensation layer that develops on the outside of the glass can be wiped away to view the cocktail inside clearly.
- Use the julep strainer and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with Luxardo cherry.
Want to be the champion of your foursome? Wear this 3/4 sleeve T-shirt and you can. You may not have been the medalist of the first 18 holes on the course but you can be the medalist of 19th hole.